My husband want's a separation but is this typed out letter a legal document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat123

My cheating husband has finally e-mailed me and asked for a legal separation.
The attatchment he e-mailed to me looks like he typed it out and possibly just copied it from some website for legal documents.
The header say's Legal form, and the rest just specifies that we would be legally separated, and that everything since January 1,2008 would belong to the sparated parties etc.
Can this really be a legal contract that we must abide by?
If I do not sign it, do I have a certain amount of time before I must submit to it anyway's?
Is there any way I can go after his girlfriend (whom he moved in with), to sue her for taking away everything in my life such as my husband,my home wich I cannot afford on my own,depleteing my retirement while with my husband,and mental anguishment,abuse, for deliberately and knowingly going after my husband of 29 + years, and also going through all our monies and retirement while they are together in the same household, and now for a partnership in a business they are starting up in my retirement and savings.

It may be used as a legal document once it's filed and ordered, but it isn't until then. Don't sign anything.

You need a lawyer now. Do not try to divorce him on your own, especially if he is spending your retirement and savings. Get a lawyer tomorrow. You need to have your marital assets frozen.

As for the girlfriend, some states still have alienation of affection laws, but it is a costly and lengthy process. I think you should just focus on your divorce at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back