Natural Gas Wells Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

runover

Upon my mother's death I became her sole heir to her share of gas royalties.My mother's health was on the decline since I was fifteen,so I never discuss her family business.After her death in moving her personal belongings,I discovered she was a heir to property in East Texas.I call the Burke Oil & Gas Company to inform them of my mother's death in 1997.I was told I had to document this,which I did.I also informed the Smith County Tax Office of her death, & I was the only heir.Again I had to document this.In 1999-2001 I received a small royalty checks(less than a hundred bucks) from Burke Oil & Gas monthly.I was informed in 2002 by Southwestern Energy,that they had the lease on the wells.The royalty paymens also increased.That same year I was contacted by my older cousin and told to send the tax payments to her because she was the family administrator.A month later Southwestern Energy informed me my mother's share was sold at a tax auction in 1999 & the new owner was Jake Shutterworth Company.By going throuth a bitter divorce I could not employ a lawyer.Fast forward!I'm still paying the tax,but not receiving royalty payments.Today I discovered there has been another well added & an increse in payments.Otherwords I'm a tax owner,but not a royalty owner!Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back