Lawyer sued me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbprovince

I share an office with my husband-we have two different businesses and share a receptionist, bookkeeper, office. My husband contracted with a retired lawyer to erect a high end modular house. At the end of the job after the house was 99% complete- the lawyer would not make final payment unless my husband agrred to do illegalities- like move a retaining wall and install items on the house that were forbidden by the town engineer as part of the permit. My husband refused to do these things and the lawyer locked him off the job with his tools inside and did not pay a past due balance of 55,000. Subsequently my husbands company sued and the lawyer countersued for shoddy work- which had not been an issue. A year later both my husband and I are personally sued for fraudulent inducement because the lawyer lied and said I answered the phone the day he called and introduced myself and made a claim that my husbands company built him a house in the 60s and he relied on this and was damaged by my claim. His house was worth 900,000 on record and my husbands company tore it down , put in new utilies and septice and erected a new house on the waterfront in connecticut in the winter for $255,000- The lawyer placed the house on the market the next year for sale for 2.7 million dollars.
I absolutely did not have the conversation or state the things that the lawyer says that has caused him to sue me personally, in fact the girl that answered the phone for the company the day the lawyer called took a message and in the written message it says he told her that my husbands company had built his house and that he wanted the company to quote him a price on building a new house. I have spent over $15,000 and am headed for a trial on a blantant lie. I took an equity line on my house to pay the fees and am putting my home on the market to get ready for this lawsuit defense. I am so upset that I will leave the United States at the end of my trial permanently- taking my two small children out of this legal victimization. The lawyer is known for being corrupt but has a degree from Yale and chances are the judges in the court graudated from the same school. I have an attorney and he getting ready for the trial but is nervouse because of the lawyer powerful affiliation and ability to blantanyly lie on paper and to the court successfully so far. Does anyone have any thoughts here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back