Termination/Appeal/Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

voidmoon4

So...

Not to get too detailed...

I was terminated from my job about a month ago, for arguing with my boss (because someone had come to him and told him gossip about me). I didn't curse, yell at or threaten my boss. He just fired me. I had worked at this job for about 8 months.

My work performance while at the job was "excellent" (the very words of the supervisory staff and upper management)--I was always on time, worked overtime, and almost never called in sick. I was never once given a written warning or reprimand during my time there. Not one disciplinary action against me.

I'm stunned that I've been fired, and go to appeal through the grievance process. I receive a letter about my discharge, stating that I had "threatened" and disrespected my boss, and that fellow employees were scared of me and what I "might do". This letter was written by a supervisor I hardly now, though he was in the room when I argued with my boss.

I'm stunned. I find it to be pure libel, filled with half-truths and gossip.

Through my ongoing appeal, I meet with other upper management, who have stated that they knew that my boss could get emotional at times, and that he "felt sorry about what happened" and about my termination. No proof is ever offered to me to substantiate the claims against me.

It seems that my boss made them up. Upper management seem to know this, but have rejected my first appeal.

I'm appealing for a second time.

On my letter rejecting my appeal, it says that my job performance was excellent, and that they felt bad about the situation.

But denied my appeal anyway.

What should I do?

Sue my boss and employer for libel (I have the original letter)?

I even feel that there's a great chance that I'll get my job back, since the second appeal is through a 5 people panel, instead of one person (who was one of my boss's guy pals).

Reading through the employee handbook, procedure (which I signed a contract with) wasn't followed in the termination process. My boss overstepped his bounds and gave an action that was way too severe for the situation at hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back