A high-tech company misused my confidential information

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlai100

Just three months ago, I applied a job position in a public high tech company. My application was turned down by then.

Last week, my manager visited Silicon Valley area. Some of his friends who worked at that high tech company told him that I applied for a job position there and suggested him to check what has gone wrong.

This week is the worst time in my life. I was called up to the office for long discussion. Now, their actions have jeapordized my career. I am still on my job today but I could be fired any moment from now.

The high tech company shared my confidential application information with a third party without my permission. My resume and application information were meant to be used for their employment purpose only. They misused my personal information and make them available to third party without without my prior consent. Such actions invaded my privacy and, in fact, already caused damages to my life. I have reasons to believe that it was one of the high-rank management-level personale in google who revealed my confidential information with a third party irrelevant to their employment process. Can I sue them? I don't know if I have a case or not. How would I proceed?

Before you do anything I would hope to obtain proof of this if you can. You should also contact an attorney as soon as possible because if this was done through email, you will likely want your attorney to write a "preservation letter" to the companies that breached your confidence to preserve the electronic documents. You may not be able to obtain proof so easily and your attorney may have to assist you with this by drafting the notice. It can be done by yourself but would think you should use an attorney and will need one eventually.

Originally posted by wlai100
Just three months ago, I applied a job position in a public high tech company. My application was turned down by then.

Last week, my manager visited Silicon Valley area. Some of his friends who worked at that high tech company told him that I applied for a job position there and suggested him to check what has gone wrong.

This week is the worst time in my life. I was called up to the office for long discussion. Now, their actions have jeapordized my career. I am still on my job today but I could be fired any moment from now.

The high tech company shared my confidential application information with a third party without my permission. My resume and application information were meant to be used for their employment purpose only. They misused my personal information and make them available to third party without without my prior consent. Such actions invaded my privacy and, in fact, already caused damages to my life. I have reasons to believe that it was one of the high-rank management-level personale in google who revealed my confidential information with a third party irrelevant to their employment process. Can I sue them? I don't know if I have a case or not. How would I proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back