Deed of Trust, Quitclaim Deed & Truth in Lending

Status
Not open for further replies.

barger96

We signed on our refinace for our mortgage loan back in July of 2000. Well we were unaware of the balloon note that we signed. Once we started looking at our mortgage and found several things that are wrong. Number one is that the loan was between me and my father in law and they have him listed on all of our papers as my husband. We live in Virginia but signed our mortgage in Tennesse which is ok because our city is located on the state line but the problem is we sign our quitclaim deed and deed of trust and the notary info was right at the time but before the mortgage broker went to record each they changed the state to Virginia from Tennesse on the notary which wouldn't that make it wrong because the notary republic that did it is located in the state of Tennessee. Also my father in law was retired and received a pension and it stays the same each month which was marked up. And from looking over our truth in lending it looks incorrect also.

On top of all of this we just found out that our broker that did our closing in 2000 was closed down in 2002 for defrauding banks and the bank that first had out mortgage was closed for bad banking practices. My big question is do we have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back