medical leave to prevent unemployment compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fappib

I was called into my employers office to be terminated and a discussion began between my boss and I who just took the company over as part owner.I informed my boss of an upcoming surgery and he informed me of my new job expectations and that my position of manager was being eliminated.He told me he was not going to terminate me however I was being put on medical leave now and when I get a release from the doctor stating I can perform all my new job requirements I can return to work.My employer knows I will not be able to meet the new requirements expected of me in this new role.I have gone 9 weeks now with no compensation as the company does not offer short term disability and I feel this was done to prevent me from collecting unemployment and that I'm being discriminated against due to my current disabilities.Do I have any recourse at all.I've been with this company 3 1/2 years,have no corrective actions against me and was promoted from previous position of specials tech to manager a year ago and met my expectations as manager and am now being told to perform a job I am no longer able to physically do.I now if I quit I cannot collect unemployment and my doctor will not release me to do my new job expectations.:confused:

If you are medically unable to work you would not be eligible for unemployment compensation anyway. When you are medically cleared to work you will be eligible at that time.

There is no discrimination case here. Hope you get better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back