Shady car dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyes654

In 2006, I purchased a car from a dealership in Columbus, OH. The car was a 2005, leftover stock. I was told the car was new and I certainly paid new car price. Recently, I took the car to a different dealer for a minor repair. They informed me that, according to the manufacturer, I was not the original owner. I was listed as a transferee, and I was shown the name of the original owner. This changes my warranty considerably.

I had suspicions when I took delivery of the car. It had 750 miles on it, to which they claimed was due to salesmen using the car on weekends. I also found partial insurance paperwork in the glovebox, which I no longer have.

The dealer has two locatons. I purchased the car at one location and picked it up at the other. I had already completed all the paperwork. When I questioned them on the discrepencies, I was blown off.

Do I have any recourse with the dealership that sold me the car? Is there any way to have adjust the loan considering the car was in fact used?

A New car has 0-15 miles on it, anything over 100 is definatly a used car, I doubt you can do anything about it. On your paper work, was the box checked as a new car or used-- I would go over all of your paper work just to see. But with the time delay, there is nothing the car lot has to do to make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back