Misleading adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgnleal

Hi
I'm currently in the process of fighting for custody of my son who I had placed for adoption in July of last year (07). When I gave him up for adoption it was with the intention of placing him with a family whom I have grown extremely close to in New Jersey. 6 days before their final adoption hearing went through the adoptive father decided he no longer wished to adopt my son and called social services to come pick him up. They would no longer allow the adoptive mother to adopt him, which I love like family and want my son with. When I found this out I immediately contacted the American Adoptions Agency and told them that if my son was not going to be placed with the adoptive family I had chosen that I wanted him back. I only agreed and went through with the adoption because they said he was going to them. I told them on several occasions that the only way I was going to go through with the adoption was if it was this family. There was just something about them and they were the only family I found that made me feel comfertable. They, more so the adoptive mother, always kept me involved with my son, sent pictures 3 - 4 times a week. I was supposed to see him again after the day they left for new jersey on his first birthday but unfortunately since all this happened I have not been able to see my son since the day they left with him. My surrender of parental rights was conditional under the terms that he was to go to the family I had chosen. I have been fighting in New Jersey to get my son back but the Judge out there did not grant jurisdiction out there. I know the agency is trying to adopt him out asap before I file again. Yesterday I filed a stop-motion order in the kansas court systems so that they couldn't go through with the adoption. I am now trying to file a custody order here in Georgia but I can not find the correct forms. I can not afford an attorney and legal aid said they couldn't assist me until I filed the custody order and the agency petitioned it. This agency has done nothing but lie to me. The fact that they are fighting me for custody makes me sick. They knew I was only okay with him going with "the family" I chose. They got to keep the 50 grand from them yet they are just trying to make another wad of money off my son. He has no family, these are his most important times in his life where he needs someone to bond with. I gave him up to give him something I couldn't at the time... This was supposed to be something I did to make his life better and it has only made it worse. He is just a lost sole somewhere out there wondering who it is that loves him. I need to get him back as soon as possible so he can have what he deserves. Is there anyone out there that can help me? Does anyone know any information that could help? Where I can get the forms? I just am so lost... Im just a 22 year old woman who works a regular job... I have no skills in law yet I have to do this by myself. Any help would be a huge benefit for me. I might not be able to give him everything he deserves, but I can love him. I can make it for him. I couldn't stand the thought of them placing him with someone I don't know and not being a part of his life. I was promised that I could have that... He was going to grow up knowing who I was.... I will not stop till I have him back. I hate this agency for all they've done. If people knew all the laws they have broken and the lies they have told. They mislead me.. they are money hungry... they removed my son from New Jersey without getting the authority from the proper people, they put him with an adoptive family while I still had a pending case in New Jersey... the poor family they had put him with thought they were getting a son only to have him taken away. They are hurting so many people without a care in the world as long as they get the money. It's sick... They day I stop fighting is the day my son is back in my arms and the agency is on the streets with no license and NO MONEY.
~ Megan

You need to start calling around for attorneys to see if anyone can help you pro bono. How old is the child now? Does it specially say in your papers you signed that the child will be placed with the family you selected, or the adoption is null and void? Take all your paperwork to an attorney to see if anyone can help you pro bono. Worse comes to worse, get a job work as many hours as possible to hire an attorney or borrow the money. Are you parents willing to help you at all?

Who is the bio father? Were his rights properly terminated? He may have some rights here too.

If the adoptive mother is not going to divorce the dad who no longer wanted the baby, no surprise the agency wouldnt allow the adoption. You cannot place a baby in a home where one of the persons no longer wishes to be a parent.

However unless some malpractice can be uncovered or some illegal happened here, adoptions generally cannot be overturned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back