Half naked arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan

Long story short... I was arrested at my home for something petty and bogust and I was in a short provacutive night gown with no underware or shoes on. My husband and I asked the officer if he would at least let me put some clothes on and he refused. I was not resisting arrest or nothing that would make him not allow me to put some underware, descent clothing and shoes on. I was humiliated and degrated. Is that legal? How is that morally and lawfully right? What has happened to the peoples rights? Isn't the constitution still in effect or is this now dictatorship and we all don't know it until it's too late? Why is it that the law officers can do what ever they want and get away with it? Someone please help me to understand how this can be?

Q: Is that legal?

A: Yes.

I do not understand the Ben Franklin qoute. Because this is costly, and there was no courtesy and no counsel of any sort. etc.... Please explain to me how this is morally and legally right?

There is no law that forces a Peace Officer allow a clothed suspect (even mildly clothed) to allow detainee to retrieve clothing. What were you arrested for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back