Child Custody & Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

wright26

Me and my husband are getting a divorce. We have been married for three years and have three kids together aged 3-7. We are getting a divorce because I cheated on him most recently since we were married and once before we got married. He faults me for everything that has happened. Because of this, he wants full custody of the kids and for me to pay child support. He wants to get me for everything I have and for me to suffer. Since we have been married, I have been providing for the family financially because he stopped working to try to get disability for problems he has had since birth. He was laid off from his job the day before we got married. Can he get full custody of the kids and make me pay child support because of me being the adulterer? At this moment, he has no job and is currently looking for one. Will this be an uncontested divorce or contested? I am currently a store manager with a privately owned corporation.

His rights to custody are equal to yours. He does have a chance at it since it sounds ike he has been the primary caregiver. Your adultery may or may not matter depending on your state. Since you have cheated, are the ids even his? Will he be requesting a paternity test on any of them? I suggest you 2 try to work things out. Since he has little or no income you may be paying him alimony, and any attorneys fees so you might want to consult with an attorney and see if you 2 can come to some sort of settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back