Evicting Guest Family Members and Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcat

Hi, My 91 year old mother allowed her son and grandson to move in 2 months ago with the understanding they could only stay for 3 1/2 months, they pay no rent and haven't sought employment. My understanding by other posts is that she must give a 30 day notice and then an eviction notice if they don't move out. She is being coerced with words of homelessness/suicide etc. but she has agreed (so far) to go through with an eviction if needed. We have an appt. with our attorney to see if I could be the power of attorney and see this through on her behalf since she is frail & elderly and has a hard time saying no! I provided her son & grandson with a note from her doctor that this is arrangement has affected her health and they have verbally agreed to move by the set date, though unemployed & with no money..(I'm skeptical)

I will definately give a 30 day notice shortly and an eviction notice if needed. Several questions: If the stress of this causes her health to decline further are there any other options to expediate their departure? Along with an eviction notice, is there a seperate notice to remove their furnishings?..they moved all their property in and we may not have a forwarding address when they depart. Thank you

wife and I threatened

I am currently living in the state of wisconsin. My wife and I moved into a house that is owned by my grandfather about 1 year ago. My wife and I came upon hard times like so many others out there, and my grandpa was nice enough to offer us to move into his unoccupied house in wisconsin(he lives in south carolina). Recently my mom and grandpa came back to wisconsin for doctors appointments for my mom. Unfortunatly they have to stay up here for a # of weeks due to appointments. My wife and I have tried to work somthing out with them so they could stay at the house we are staying in but due to certain curcumstances they can not stay with us. Other realitives have offered to let them stay with them but my mom doesnt get along with them(couldnt imagine why). My wife and I do not have the funds to move out very quickly we need at least 2 months to be able to afford to move out. We do not pay rent to my grandpa mostly because he wont take the money from us, and because when we moved in we all agreed we would not have to pay rent. Since this is a special situation I know that normal eviction laws probably dont apply to us. But what rights do my wife and I have as far as being thrown out on the streets. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back