Need help with Bank Fees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladymarmar2

Hi, I have a situation that happened with one of my banks. I had a money market account for two years, my balance fell below the "minimum"required balance and I was unaware that the bank started charging me $15 fees per month. I had around $120 or so in the account at the time but I was not using it at all so I wasnt checking it. They supposedly sent statements in the mail but I never saw them. I either didnt get them or I didnt read them thinking nothing new would be on them. Long story short, they charged me the $15 a month for almost a year, eating up the $120 that I had in the account and additional $15 fees were charged until the account was closed by the bank and I went into collections for $44 worth of fees. I was not aware that I had gone into collections until it was too late and I had already been reported to Cheqsystems, a negative reporting agency.

AT this point I have paid everything off but the negative transaction is still in chexsystems and I would like it removed. I have talked to the local branch manager of the bank and their internal collections dept about the situation and they refuse to remove it and forget about getting my money back.
To this day I still have not even been able to get a copy of all the statements from the past year, they want to charge me $5 a statement for them which is rediculous.

Is there anything that I can do to get this removed??

I am going to dispute with Chexsystems but i dont know what wording to use to make my dispute effective.

Tell them that you have paid for all the transactions owed and that you need to have those transactions removed from your records. You can show them copies of the payments made to clear up your account and request that they send you a reply showing that all transactions are being cleared from your records. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back