Consumer Law, Warranties sign new contract or sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbob

I had a foundation repair co. work on my house which was 2 years old at the time of repair. They came and evaluated my problem , wrote a contract for $9,995 at start of project and $9,995 when completed. I dug 3/4 of the basement out so they could install piers under the footing. The field manager and i decided to add 2 more piers which was find and I called there ceo and told him. He said they would draw up a new contract and send it with the crew. They worked here 7-8 days. I paid them the $9,995 before they would start. I had a backhoe and bobcat here also out of my own pocket. After completed I asked there field manager how much I needed to pay and he said the same as I had payed when they started. I explained what the ceo had said about bringing a new contract for me to sign but he knew nothing about it and was sure it was the $9,995 that I owed. I wrote a check for the remaining amount and they left.
the company cashed both checks within the week and i thought all was fine since I had done alot of work for them. Well 2 months later they called and said I owed them more money. He said he would send a new contract and it would be post dated the same as the original. It was for $5000 more which i didnt sign and havent paid. They called and told me I had so many days or they would turn it over to they lawyer which its been over a year and havent heard anymore. Now my basement is in worst shape now then before they jacked it up. Do I have to pay the new amount or not. Also there was suppose to be a transferably lifetime warranty which I never got. Am I screwed out of $20,000 or do I sue them.

You need to contact an attorney so you can have your basement fixed and see what can be done about the lack of written contracts. Do not pay any moneys that are not due to the company and have the attorney put the case together as soon as possible due to statue of limitations to prove that their services didn't live up to what the company had been contracted for. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back