Obligation to pay interest when you don't receive the bill in a timely fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_Morgan

I bought two pair of glasses from a well known retalier late last year. There was a promotion that allowed me to pay in istallments interest free for six months. Here's the problem. I never received the bill until a week ago. They didn't have a correct address for me (even though I haven't moved). Now they are saying I have to pay it all off (since the six months expired in June) in ten days or incur the interest. I am perfectly willing to pay what I owe, but isn't asking me to pay the interest unfair since they never got a bill to me until now? They claim I should have taken some responsibility, but shouldn't THEY have taken the responsibility to find me when all the mail was returned?

And just how would they do that?

When you didn't receive a bill for six months, how come you didn't contact them regarding this?

Pay the bill within the 10 day period and the issue of interest will be moot.

Gail

And just how would they do that?

When you didn't receive a bill for six months, how come you didn't contact them regarding this?

Pay the bill within the 10 day period and the issue of interest will be moot.

Gail

Thanks for the reply, Gail.

They had my phone number but inexplicably took my address incorrectly, so they could've called me, whïch they finally did, once the six months had expired (that's when I corrected the address).

So what you're saying is I have all the obligation when I don't get a bill and the company has none? A further complication: the retail company uses an outside agency (a bank) as the creditor, which I had no idea about; it's no where on my receipt.

I am just looking for a compromise here; this is a pretty large bill and I can't afford to pay it all at once.

Thanks, Mike

If that be the case try to speak to them and as you say compromise regarding the payment to have it by stages, if the same is viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back