How to get off of a Mortgage and Title of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlene60

State : Texas

About 6 years ago, my boyfriend bought a home with his ex girlfriend. He is the main signer on the mortgage loan through Wells Fargo and she is the secondary signer on the loan. They were never married and he moved out of the house after certain findings.

The house was bought in Feb of 2004. Its now 2008, and she has contacted us in our now home state of Colorado. She sent him a Quickclaim Deed, along with ten dollars and has been constantly calling for him to sign this form. It looks like something that she just printed off the internet.

My questions are these:

1. How can he get off the title and the mortgage so that he isn't responsible for the payments if she defaults?
2. What exactly is this " Quickclaim" Deed ?
3. Is there a time frame that he can get an attorney and file a claim and make her sell or buy him out so that he can get out of this mess?

I know that if he signs that Deed, then he is then taken off the title and would still be responsible for the mortgage. How can we get this past us, so that it doesn't mess up our future of years from now buying a house of our own for the family that we have created.

She needs to get a mortgage in her name only to pay off the joint mortgage. Unfortunately, that's about the only way to relieve his obligation there. The quitclaim deed releases his interest in the property, and once he's assured she has secured a new mortgage, he shouldn't be fearful of signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back