help with car dealership and loan contract!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergz22

Hello and thank you for any advice.

I bought myself a jeep on may 31st of 2008. I went through all the usual paperwork etc. Now fastforward to july 30th of 2008 and i have still not recieved any sort of payment booklet, bills or phone calls regarding my loan or payment. On my loan contract it clearly states that i will have a loan for 17000 from JP Morgan Chase Bank and payments of 373 a month and the first payment will start on june 30th of 2008. I also put 2000 down. So last week i called the bank to see what is going on and they have NO record of a loan in my name or of my car. They tell me that there is no loan, no payments to be made etc. So i call the dealership and talk to the finance person, and he has no idea either. Three days later he calls me back and tells me that Chase has lost their copy of the loan contract and that i need to come in and make and sign a new contract or pay over 700 dollars to reinstate the first contract. I was wondering if there are any legal issues involved in this such as breach of contract ect. Can i return the car? Any advice on what i should do is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This happens on occasion, but I'd bet the dealership made the mistake, and not the bank. The $700 is to cover payments that are due under the original contract. As long as the rate/terms are exactly the same as the original contract you should have no issue with signing a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back