Left hand turn accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeyze

My boyfriend had an accident with my car in Hudson County NJ. He was making a left turn from a 2 lane road onto a 1 lane road. The driver in opposing traffic (in the left lane) gave him the right of way. At that time there was no one travelling in the right lane. There was a commuter van stopped before the cross walk. A car behind the van passed the van in the left lane and proceeded to pass the car who gave my driver the right of way. Although the police report drawing was not entirely accurate, it does indicates that the other drivers excessive speed was a factor in this accident. There were no factors noted against my driver. I understand that most left turn accidents are caused by the driver making the left turn, but my driver had cleared the intersection. There was another commuter van stopped just past the intersection so the other driver started to turn down the single lane road into my car. He was hit on the passenger side behind the door and pushed into a parked car. Currently the other insurance has denied my claim because my driver, they claim is more than 51% responsible. I am trying to appeal their decision because I am already out 600.00 for towing and 2 days storage. When that location wouldn't let me access the car as I wanted I moved it to another location and I'm responsible for storage there for close to a month. (thats because the other insurance company took so long to identify that the other car was insured by them and to investigate the circumstances of the accident) This just doesn't seem right! You can drive erratically (weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed) (speed limit was 25) and you basically total another car and your not at fault because you were in the right lane. I would like to get any kind of legal documentation to support my case. The appeal paperwork indicates I can attach all legal precedents or arguments on which I base my disagreement. I really don't know what I'm looking for. If someone can provide anything help I greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back