Quit Claim Deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missourigirl

When my husband and I divorced he stayed in our home and I signed a quit claim deed that stated upon him selling the house, I would recieve 10% of the sale. Upon searching records at the recorder of deeds office today, I learned that he sold the home to his parents 3 years ago for $103,550. He is still living in the home. He nor his parents ever told me that this transaction took place. I still have my legal papers stating that I get 10% upon the sale. do I need to retain an attorney for this, and if so, one who specializes in real estate or what? Any advice would be much appreciated and most helpful.

Thank you,

Missouri Girl

I am not sure of the validity of a quit claim deed with such a provision. In addition there should have been a time limit, otherwise he could live there forever. Normally you would do this by an agreement filed with the court and then sign the deed when you receive the money. Was the amount FMV? If so start by making a demand for your portion and send it CRRR.

If that doesn't work you will need to do what you should have done to start with, hire an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back