issues with landlord & CA harassment, not even here 1 month PLZ HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariabog32

NJ-renting condo.. Hi, and thank you for your time! I have moved into a condo in Bergen County. My Landlord had told me that all renovations would be complete by the time I moved in which was July 1. Well, to my surprise, NOTHING was complete.. I refused to sign the Lease at this time, for the obvious reasons.. I had 2 ovens in my kitchen none of which worked, the year old Caloric was not to be used and the other dirty and not connected, a hole was in the floor which i could see into the basement.not to mention the floor being the 3x4 tile that was made in the late 40's and as I believe it to be asbestos, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide monitors were hung but do not work, the window in my bath tub was literally falling out, the sink was pitted and rotted, it smelled like the woman of 25 years living here had died here, guess what she did... All that was complete was 2 coats of paint, if I were lucky, and they tore up the rug, and polyurethanes over the dirt left behind.
OK, I called him and let him know how disappointed and unsatisfied I was with the place, he told me everything was new!!! AH AHA.. I hired a maid service to do a throe once over before my moving men delivered my furnture.... OK I am a grown up I can handle this, I got my bathroom situated for a much needed shower, as I became one with nature since my window was half fallen out.... What the hell??? I had spiders crawling in my hair!!! I LOST IT!!!!! after at least an hour of crying and calling every pest control company I could find on a holiday weekend, I packed a bag and heading to my parents for the night. Next day fresh with a different out look, I headed back to my own personal hell, Blue Ridge Manor, stopping off at Walgreen's for a case of Raid spider spray, I entered Spiders everywhere!!!! I opened only 1 box when I heard someone in my kitchen, knowing I locked the door, and my fiancé did not have the key as of yet, I figured maybe it was the men to put in my floor, or switch out my ovens... NOPE!!!! It was the nephew of the the Dead woman coming for her things!!!! OH, BTW, I did lock the door, My dear landlord NEVER CHANGED THE LOCKS!!!!!!! I was IRATE!!!!! With a few choice words and my patients at there wits end, I furiously wrote a sign to post on my door, while dialing my landlord who acted like what the hell was I so mad about?!?!?!? I told him locksmiths were VERY EXPENSIVE on a holiday weekend, how did he want to go about this matter??? He brought me over bread,???? I told him about the spiders and bugs.. He did not know what bugs were!!! WHAT PLANET DID I LAND ON??? OK I hired my own Pest control, to the tune of $400,but it was piece of mind so whatever, they weren't able to come until Monday (this was on a Friday.. YES the 4th OF JULY... The letter I posted on the door stating there was a new tenant, come to find was in violation of the CONDO ASSOCIATION Rules.. The Secretary of assoc. lives next store, a retired woman VERY VERY NOSY!!! She told me I was not going to get a parking sticker until she received a signed lease and my car would be towed if she saw it in the parking lot again, and in order to get the list of rules, keys to laundry room and front door, I would need to sign the lease. I tried speaking to her & reasoning with her, I did as much as bring her in here to show her why I would not sign it... I Knew she was a sneaky retired B*****, but I had no idea how much!! She lives in the next building... She just wanted to get the 411 on "the NEW TENANT" seems she hates my landlord, it was retaliation on me.. This being one step from a retirement village, (as the old people die, new tenants move in) thus the cycle of life begins LOL.. I had asked her, if this was the case then how would I know which rules I am breaking??? She told me to stop being a wise ass!!!
Anyway, My fiancé had come over to bring some glass pieces that I did not trust the movers to move, so he parked out side my door so that the 2 of us could carry these EXTREMELY heavy pieces in, not even inside the place for 3 minutes, she comes BANGING on my door "HE CAN"T PARK THERE", screaming this on the top of her lungs 2 or 3 times.. Yea I'm sure he's gonna leave a $90,000 Mercedes there for the Senior Citizens to hit!! REALLY THOUGH!!! OK I realize this person was going to be a HUGE ISSUE!!! I had no idea how much!!! She pounds on my door to see why my lights are on until 6AM ( not that I have to explain, but I was told the woman that lived here prior was in a nursing home, I had no idea she died here!!! I'm spoked out at night I admit it !!! Nobodies business but mine!!! OK so I leave, I come back and back into my parking space, She literally flipped her wig!!! She sits by her window and watches my every move by the way!!! she comes running toward me, HEAD ON PARKING ONLY!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? Its in the rule book, yea the book they Will not give me until I sign a lease... So I repeated myself, "if you wont give the rules, then how do I know what I am breaking??? She told me, "Have fun locating your car you sick B**ch??!?!? Really?!?! what did I do to this woman ??? I am a 33 year old woman with a great head on my shoulders and a great job to match, I drive a 2008 Acura, I make and pay decent money to live here. I just want to park my car and deal with the crappy conditions I do when I walk into this hell hole I call home!!! Nothing more, nothing less!! She and a few others sit outside my window and talk about how disrespectful my fiancé & I are, thing is, he doesn't even live here. OK next day i start unpacking a little more since my hero's, Expert pest control had come, She came over banged on my door and told me it is illegal to have my own service come and I should expect a fine for having such a service done!!! She later went through my garbage and told me I was separating it wrong. Whatever, I was raised to respect my elders, but EVERYONE has there limits!!!
I went out for some air, Since this date being the 13Th and was finally getting my stove connected by Frick & Frack (no high price contractors here, he has his friends doing the work in there spare time), & yes its a gas stove, they didn't shut off the main gas line, without my knowledge, I had raw gas coming in as they tried to figure out how to put it back together I WAS PISSED!!!! I left, came back and there was nowhere to park but next to a car parked crooked, so I backed in, I didn't have the rules, so at this point who the hell really cares, this woman comes outside screaming "are you stupid you Pollack??? are you thick or just dumb?? EXCUSE ME?????????? I lost it!!!! I told her to get out of retirement and get a real job other than her volunteer Secretary of Association cause its just not cutting it, and last I looked, that job did not entail parking lot attendant!!! (Plus she's only in here mid to late 60's, she's no Estell Getty!!!! ) She told me I am her main focus, that my car would be towed and she was going to call the cops on me for noise pollution because "I pull up to my brothel with the radio blaring @ 3AM & that I was a transient and she was going to have a background check done on me"... I told here "The next time she was to ever speak to me or harass me, that I would not only sue the association, but her personally"..
I might have forgotten to advise you, that I am 3 months pregnant, and a high risk pregnancy to boot, I am to avoid stress and stay off my feet as much as possible or my Dr. will have no other choice but to put me on bed rest.. And FYI, I have NEVER pulled into this complex any later that 10 pm!!!
OK so back to my landlord, his friends are doing the work in here, and it now being the morning of the 25 of July most of the construction done, I had PSE&G here yesterday, my oven put in by the 2 misfits, is not only expelling soot from the age and lack of care, but the pipe entering the oven is cracked and is not to be used!!! They're is a black film on everything from this, even in my refrigerator, I blow my noise and guess what, black soot, coughing it up too!!! I have mold growing in my bathroom from the tenants upstairs toilet bowl leaking and they refuse to fix it , the ceiling is so saturated that it soft and pliable, the Super went up there and they said its not there problem and the Secretary said they don't have to fix it being that I am only a tenant who's a transient. What are my legal rights in this matter??? God knows how much toxins and stress I have consumed here, what is this all doing to my unborn child?? I signed the lease so I could get the freaking parking sticker and maybe she would lighten up. NOT a FAT CHANCE!!! She continues to harass me and tells everyone "what a horrible disrespectful whore I am especially since I got knocked up and am not married" I need out!!! My intentions are to be out by the 1ST of August before Frick and frack tear down the ceiling in the bathroom, God knows how long that'll take since my bathroom sink has been put in the bathroom 2 weeks ago and still does not work, haven't heard from my landlord since I signed the lease, wont even return my phone calls, and left me a message through the verizon voice mail to voice mail about picking up my check on the 29Th so it clears by the 1ST because he has a mortgage to pay!!!! I gave him 1st month & security.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!! I thank you in advance!!!!
Sincerely,
Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back