Pennsylvania vs North Carolina Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon5097

I currently have a six year old daughter with my ex-boyfriend, with who I have been separated from since 2005. When we split, we attempted to make a verbal agreement on custody. That did not work out and we ended up going to court and getting a custody agreement in Pennsylvania. We started following through on the custody agreement and our "shared" custody. Please keep in mind that my ex mentally abused both me and me oldest daughter, to the point that she finally moved out of our home and moved in with my parents. When I finally left him and we went through with the court proceedings, the abuse got worse. Our daughter together was only 2 years old at the time and when my visits with her would end and I would have to take her and drop her with him for her time with him, she would cry and not want to leave me. He would become angry with her for not wanting to be with him and it was awful. I had a very difficult time with this, not to mention that he would call me every 10 minutes when I did have her and keep me on the phone for hours yelling at me. I guess the bottom line is that I was and still am afraid of him. I stopped seeing our daughter basically because I couldn't deal with the constant battle with him and because I couldn't see the point in her suffering through all of it. It is now 2008 and he has moved to North Carolina with her. I had a visit with her in North Carolina last year for one week and have the freedom of daily telephone contact with her. I send her clothing, Christmas, birthday gifts and money for her health insurance and anything else that he tells me she needs. She is currently here visiting me at my home in Pennsylvania. When she arrived here, she arrived in old, worn clothing. She had no underwear with her, except for the pair she had on and no socks. Her fingernails are long and dirty, she is clearly in need of a haircut and she is complaining of a toothache. He got married a few months ago, but when he left to come up to Pennsylvania, his wife left him. We have been in contact and he is basically inflicting the same mental abuse on her and her children that he did to me and two other women. His wife is the primary caretaker of my daughters. My daughter is going to go back to North Carolina and have a home that is in shambles. He has no way to provide day care to her because she was enrolled in the day care in which his soon to be ex-wife works and it has been discontinued for her safety. He has no one in the state that is able to help him with our daughter and is not financially capable of taking care of her. I am scheduled to meet him in Virginia to send our daughter back home with him, but I am going to see an attorney tomorrow about the possibility of not sending her back and pulling him back to Pennsylvania so that I can have a hand in raising her also. She has not yet been registered for school in North Carolina...Anyone have any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back