Bank issued title to wrong person

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGGIEROSA

In 2001, I purchased a mobile home from an individual. At the time that this mobile home was purchased, I received a Bill of Sale from the seller. I received a loan from my bank to pay for the mobile home. The loan was paid off in March of 2008, but I never received the title for my mobile home. Each time I called the bank, I was told that the title would be mailed within 4-6 weeks. I finally called their corporate office & was told that the title was issued to the previous owner of the mobile home. The person I spoke with told me that the loan officer didn't transfer the paperwork, therefore the title was issued to the wrong person. The title was actually mailed to the previous owner's address here in Montgomery, AL, but she has since moved. An employee with my bank has sent me Power of Attorney forms to sign, have notarized, & mail back to the bank. He says he needs these forms from me & the previous owner to be able to transfer the mobile home title to my name.
I haven't sent these forms back to my bank, because they haven't been able to get in touch with the previous owner & I'm not sure if I should sign Power of Attorney forms. I sent the bank employee an e-mail to ask him what we could do to correct this error, if he wasn't able to get in touch with the previous owner. He told me that there's nothing else they can do without her signature. I need help. I paid the loan off & now I can't receive the title that proves my ownership of my home. I currently reside in Wetumpka, Alabama.

You need to sue the bank and also get a declaratory judgment giving you the title.

You first need a lawyer to explain all this to you.

If the bank is able to get in touch with the previous owner & has that person sign the Power of Attorney forms, should I then sign my POA forms or should I even sign the forms at all?
Thanks,
Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back