father is fighting me on custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

bns0608

im a 18 year old girl that lives in Michigan and the father of my child is married to another woman but they have been seperated for over a year. He has no job and we are living with his father illgeally. I cant even get medicaid for my son because i cant use this adress. I want to move back to South Carolina with my family so my child can be taken care of. The problem is he is going to fight me on the custody of our son who is a month old. The father signed an affidavite of parenthood which states is the event we break up i have custody until otherwise decided by a court. my question is if i go back to sc with my son can the father get me for kidnapping? and also if we do go to court what are my chances of getting custody?

The father has the right to petition for custody or visitation. He can also ask that you be prevented from moving the child out of state. You can't be charged with kidnapping, but it would strengthen the father's case if you leave the state.

In what way is your current residence illegal??? What does that mean?

His father is on a V.A. pension and has not reported that we are living with him. The father of my childs younger brother and his girlfriend and their younger child also live with us, but the V.A. knows they reside here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back