School gets an F for effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nottheone

I have attended a cosmetology school in San Diego County for the last 10 months. I have completed the 1600 hours required by the state and earned a 90% overall grade. My parents and I have paid over $16,000.00 for this school to prepare me to take the California State Board Test for Cosmetology. We had been told that this school had a 100% pass rate.

I have taken this test and despite my 90% overall grade I failed the written test by 6 points. All of my classmates also failed the test. We have recently discovered that the state board of cosmetology had advised all schools that the test format was changing. The school was provided with a new curriculum and preferred text book information. We have discovered that the school ignored this information and did not act on it. As a result my classmates and I were not prepared for the test and failed. This has cost us lots of time and money and we have to again pay to retake the test.

The board of cosmetology made an appointment to meet with all the students and address there concerns. All current students were told of the meeting but my classmate and I were not invited to the meeting. We heard of this meeting threw the grapevine and cashed the meeting. We were told that the school was given all the information regarding the new test format and they did not implement the changes. The school has offered no explanation or assistance to the students that have failed.

The schools negligence has cost us to date 3 months worth of income and tips because we can not work until this test has been passed. I has cost us $16,000.00 in tuition to this school, $1500.00 for the school kit and $200.00 in books, $200 in test fees, $500 in expenses to travel up to Los Angeles and take the test and $75.00 in test fees for retaking the test. Keep in mind that these are just my expenses. It has cost each of my class mate just as much money and time.

The school has offered no explanation, compensation or additional instruction. What are my legal recourses. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Just wondering............is this Paul Mitchell, because I know someone who goes there and I would like to give them a heads up. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back