Harassment From Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccorkiz

I had a question about harassment. You see, in the neighborhood I am currently living in a couple of my neighbors I feel are harassing me. My son and I will be playing in the front yard and the neighbors that I am currently having problems with will go out of their way to come outside and sit in the middle of their yard and stare at me until I go into my house. I am also being talked about in disrespectful ways to other people from these neighbors. I have told our housing community manager about the incidents and he said he doesn't know what I want him to do about it, and to just ignore it. Well I can only ignore it so much, every time I am in my front yard, whether it be taking out my trash or just sitting talking to a friend watching our kids play, I am constantly and obviously being stared at, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. What can I do about this?

Harrassment by Neighbors

I am currently staying in San Diego in a Corporate appartment with my family. I have two very small children. We moved into this appartment on the 3rd floor and almost immediately we received a complaint from the neighbors just below us. The complaint was given to us in writing by the tenant and verbal by the management company that were were "execively loud" (crawling, runing, jumping, playing, slaming doors, etc.). There are rules to this complex as to the "Quiet time" is from 10pm to 8am. Okay...I get that but my children are in bed way before 10pm. This neighbor complained to the management company as well as the HOA and we received a letter stating that if we do not stop the excesive noise we will be fined. When we first got notified a few days after moving in, I said that they were fabricated statements and if children are a problem on the 3rd floor, the complex should limit where familys could stay and limit them to the first floor. The appartment rep. stated that she could not do that. I do not know what to do. I have not signed a lease, I have not joined any HOA, we are staying here on corporate housing arrangement. What do I do? I am feeling harassed! What can I do to get it to stop? Thanks.

massachusettes:neighbor upset with us so they are making noise and disturbing us

Hello, My husband actually has grown up in his home and now that we are married he has lived in the home longer than our neighbor. My husband was freindly with her but it started with a weekend that we had gone away and she cut down her pine trees(which were a nice privacy) so since we own a pool and felt violated we decided to put up a fence. Well she then proceeded to pull my husband over on our street and said that he had no right to put up the fence without consulting her, which the fence is on our property so we have every right. Well that is when the harrassing has begun. We just had a baby last June and she continues to bang her barrels, beep her horn whenever she drives past our house set off her car alarm trying to wake the baby, whenever we confront her she just states that we are loosers and go cry to somebody else. We are trying to be the adults and not say or do anything thinking that ignoring the situation would make her stop. Also we had our yard surveyed and end up putting up a fence further down on her side because she had decided to put up a shed at the end of our fence and we had to stare at her trash all summer (my husband actually saved her money because she started to put the footings on our property and he called the town and they told her to not build on our property) so with all of that after we had put up the fence she removed two of our surveyor stakes and moved another ten inches from the original spot(isn't that illegal) We want to now do what we have to do to stop this but not make it worse. She also every morning when she pulls out of her driveway she sits in front of our house for a good minute to five minutes every day?????

If I were you, I would relocate. If that is not an option, I would find somehow to relocate. I have the same problem and I try to ignore it, but you can only take so much. I know, my whole town stares at me and make comments. As I say to them, "God bless you" and it seems to make them angry being nice to them. Let me know if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back