Do I have a case??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhalidAli

Dear Lawyers,

I have a situation and I don't know if I can have a case to claim!

I moved into an apartment and got to know one of the housemates there. After few days, I managed to help this guy paying online for his car insurance. He was excited and "thankful" to what I did and start to ask from more similar favors. I moved to the USA in March 2008. And I was looking for a job actually. This housemate is working for Limousine company. It so happened that the company is about to lay off one of the employees and this guy recommended me to the company as returning the some of my favors. This housemate asked me to buy GPS device because I will need it. I was also asked to buy black pant and white shirt as part of the job requirements. I met the decision maker in the company and was promised verbally that I will get the job and accepted my DMV records and asked me to follow this house mate for some training. I'm new to the whole business and I needed this training anyway. Everything was fine and I supposed to have the assigned car on July 7. 2008!
I noticed lately that my friend is pushing me to other jobs and ask me to contact other job offers and try to tell me bad thing about his company and his boss there. The nearer we get to my starting date, the harder his efforts to find me other jobs. At the date I supposed to start, I did not recieved any call from the employer. The first date passed, the second day and the third day passed. I called the employer but my calls were never picked up. I sent two emails to him, still no replies to my emails. I ask my housemate what's going on, he said the business is very slow and the owner is putting you as standby driver! I asked him why he never picked up my calls?? He start telling me all the nonsense about his employer and how he did this before and so on!
The funny thing is my housemate is the one driving the car. And I was wasting my time and money waiting for promises from the job owner and paid some expenses for the job out of my pocket.

The question is:
1. Do I have a case against my housemate or the business owner??
2. If I have a case, what compensations I can get from them? I've spent money and time and lost other job oportunities.
3. I was told by the owner that I can make USD 4000.00 from this work per month. Can this be part of the compensation??

I have to start looking for job now. I spent two months of my time and money waiting for hope. the first month includes confirmed job based on the business decision maker and my housemate..and another month which is the current one, I still spending money and time finding a job. Do I have a case here???

Thank you alot

Regards

If they are laying off employees, what possible reason did you and your housemate have for thinking that they would be hiring? If they needed other employees, they'd keep on some of the ones they would otherwise lay off, not hire a new employee.

No, you do not have any claim against anyone. No deep pocket lottery here.

If they are laying off employees, what possible reason did you and your housemate have for thinking that they would be hiring? If they needed other employees, they'd keep on some of the ones they would otherwise lay off, not hire a new employee.

No, you do not have any claim against anyone. No deep pocket lottery here.

Thank you for your response "cbg",

I miss stated that they are laying off an employee...actually, he was travelling overseas and the car assigned to him will be available for me to use it. My house mate end up using the car instead of me!

Is there a case here, or life must go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back