Releasing "Minor" savings account to 21 y/o

Status
Not open for further replies.

pols2005

Hi,

I am having a problem with money that I got from my great-grandfather when he passed away. I got money from my great-grandfather after he passed away. I was a minor when he passed away and in his will it stated that I got the money for college or after I turned 25 years old. I have gotten into qutie a bit of debt mostly from medical bills. There is at least $12,000 that is in a Certificate of Deposit at various banks. I need this money so that I can clear all of my debt and attempt to get my credit back up.

My father will not give me my money and said that I will get it when I turn 25. My grandmother told me that I am not going to get it for anymore college because she doens't like what I want to get my certificate in. I am an EMT-B and I want to continue and go get my EMT-Paramedic certificate. My mother's lawyer told her when my parents were getting a divorce that he didn't care how it was written up, Illinois State Law states that when I turn 21 the money is mine. Can anyone verify this for me, and if so, can I draw the papers up? Do you know where i can get these foms and what they are named?

Thank You!

Brandon

Your choices are either get a lawyer and spend a lot of your inheritance on lawyer fees

OR

Wait until you are 25

OR

Get a loan using your inheritance as collateral.

Where I live I have a place that you can go to where it is very cheap to get things done because the only people that work at this company are people who just got their barr...is there a way that I could file the papers myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back