buying a car with a lien on title, how to get lien removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipskid

Ok, I am dealing with an individual to purchase a car from them. He had purchased the car with a lien still showing on the title and has been attempting to get the lien removed since the car has been paid in full. The problem that he is facing is the the original lien holder has closed business, and no one has been able to contact anyone that was associated with the business.

So what I am needing to know is if there is anyway that I can this title corrected and have the lien removed from the title so that I can get everything transferred over into my name and get the car registered and such.

Other details:
the is Tx laws, the car/lien holder was traced back to Ks

thanx for all help

It should not be difficult to find where that establishments pending buisness went. The DMV may even know who holds lien now. With lien still on car it cannot be sold

im being told that the original lien does not exist, that the car was paid in full but the title was not ever transferred over correctly, the car has since been sold to my friend and now i am attempting to purchase it. he said that he has been to the DMV a few times and always gets the same responses that the lien showing on the title has to be removed even though there is no actual lien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back