Medical Malpractice Info Please... Medical Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronna767

My son is 9 years old. He was born with astigmatism in his left eye. When he was about 2 he was reffered to a eye specialtist. They told me he needed surgery before he was 3 to CORRECT his eyes. He was 2 and a half when he got the surgery. When he had the surgery they went in and did bOTH eyes while they had him in surgery. For a year his eye's BOTh stayed straight. After that, his left eye started turning OUTWARD now instead of inward (like before). All the new eye doctors who see's him now say's they can NOT get no reading out of his left eye so in other wards his left eye is about gone in vision and ALLOT worser than before. Instead if In-ward his eye goes outwards. My opinion that doctor did MORE harm than good and now my son will have a disability for the rest of his life with that eye now. All the doctors who have seen him now say there is not nothing else that can be done. No laser or nothing.
My question is: Being my son is now 9 and the surgery and all took place at age 2 and half, can anything be done about this? Can I make the doctor pay for what he did? Anything? Any help or Info. be greatly appreciated.
My direct email is tteal3@tampabay.rr.com

Most states have statue of limitations for medical procedures and it usually it runs out after 2 years from the date of injury.From what I could read on your posting, all the other doctors have not said that the way his eye is now is a result of malpractice from the procedure he had when he was 2 years old. The only thing you can do is see if there is a doctor that specializes in conditions like the one your son has and can offer you alternatives when it comes to treatment. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back