Wrongfully Acuused Of Check Fraud Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

newpleasehelp

Hello, I am new here and want to say thank you in advance to all who read this post and try to offer some help. I am posting today JULY 4TH because yesterday my father who is a hard working man went into a local check cashing location here in Texas such as The Money Box. He is an individual who makes a decent amount of money but because of his generosity never has anything for himself and does not take care of his looks as to him this should not matter who he is on the inside. In other words he makes way more money than what it looks like he should be making. He has cashed government checks at locations such as these around town for years. Yesterday, i feel he was discriminated against or they victim of an embarrassing error. He went in to one of these local checking cashing locations and presented his government check which they cashed then he presented them with his one week payroll check which my father stated they have cashed 1 time before a few months back. They lady behind the counter asked to see his identification again and then went back to the end of the room photocopied his check and the license. My father said she was on the phone for a few mins talking with someone? She then came back to the window wrote in red pen allover the check and told him she cant cash it and told him to leave. My father of course was upset and asked why she did that but got no reply whatsoever from the clerk and was just told to leave. He then went to another similar organization which then stamped it 4 times on each corner i assume after noticing the red pen marks. Now i know the check is real and that my father is not a criminal and of course he is going to speak with his company on monday and im 100 percent positive they will re issue another check to him. But because of what happened other issues have arised such as payments not made on time ect. What could have happened to have this done to my father and how can i clear his name with these organizations because im sure they put him on some kind of list? Also he stated that he went kind of near their closing time and im sure his bank and his company were no longer open due to the holiday. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me clear my fathers name just in case he should ever need to cash a check at one of these locations. And also i am upset and wonder what can be done about all the late fees he now owes due to this happening to him. Thank you for your time and godbless everyone in this community.

The first question that comes to mind is why doesn't your dad have a bank account so the government can deposit the money on his account directly instead of having him cash these checks in check cashing locations? If your dad has had a history of cashing these checks without any prior problems in the past, then I would go back to the cash store and ask to speak to the manager to clarify what happened and inform them that due to what happened, some of your bills went unpaid. Finally, have your dad open a bank account to eliminate this from happening and to stop giving the impression that he is doing something that is not ethical. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back