Employee Pay Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphym

I am curious as to any form of action I can take against my employer concerning an "employment dispute." I am paid bi-weekly and have my paycheck automatically deposited to my bank account. From there, the large majority of this pay is regularly scheduled to be deducted from the bank account to go toward my mortgage. The problem is that I have been overpaid on more than one occassion. I recently went on vacation for 2 weeks and was paid both regular time and vacation time pay, totaling a 160hr pay period instead of an 80hr pay period. While this is usually not a bad thing, the pay is recaptured the following pay period, in which I receive a "$0" pay check. As a result, it is very difficult to pay my mortgage and bills, as well as ever use my benefit time for fear that this may happen again. I understand that the overpayment is rectified upon the recapture, but it greatly inconveniences me to go through this process. I have tried to alert the payroll department of this as soon as possible, in order to have them correct the error, yet it continues to happen. Is there any legal action I can take toward my employer now in order to prevent this from occuring in the future? My attempts and requests to rectify/prevent this have not produced results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back