New Car Dealer, Wants more money after the deal, do i have to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher318

Denver, Colorado

Ok, the history behind what's going on is actually a long story. Here is the short version. My brother and I were both going to buy a car from isuzu suzuki. They promised low payments, free rims, all sorts of things, and then took it all back away at the end of the day. The promises were verbal of course.

Anyways, I told them on my trade in that I owed about $13,500 on my car. When the paperwork was all filled out, they had put down $13,100. So I was just assuming they had contacted my car loan company for a payoff quote or whatever. I had initialed a box on the sales agreement that states this:

"Customer guarantees pay-off not to exceed $13,100.00 or will pay difference in cash to seller by 06/15/08."

My question is this. The car dealership did not even contact me until the 6/19/08 to even tell me they put the wrong amount on the car loan agreement, and that I needed to pay them $500. If my written agreement states it must be paid by the 15th, and they did not notify me until the 19th, am I still responsible to make that payment to them?

Ok, I appreciate your reply. I know you're not a doctor, but can I get a second opinion? lol jk =)

It's frustrating, these guys repeatedly lied to me, over and over again, promising certain payment terms, then changing them, then promising free rims for the car, then changing them. It's not fair that they can sit and repeatedly change the rules, but then I'm required to follow the rules, it's just not fair. What can I do?

Do I contac tthe district attorney for unfair consumer alerts? Do I write articles and submit them to the local newspapers retelling my story? How do I get justice served?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back