Invention Dilemma??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRoyal

Ok here goes... I have an idea for a game that would involve the "slip 'n' slide" water slide. Do I have to create my own "slip 'n' slide", and if I do, would I need to tweak it so that it looks different than the Wham-O company's? I'm not so much concerned about the slide as I am the whole game, per se. First of all, I don't know how to create anything, let alone a prototype of a something like this. Any suggestions on how to go abouts getting help prototyping? Also, are there ways to trademark the whole game, because it would include not just the slide, but a baseball glove, a few rubber balls,a base, and back board. Any suggestions and advice would be most appreciative! Thank you..

I'm guessing that if you copy a specially designed slide, you're asking for trouble. You can always do an IP search to see whether Wham-O has rights that would prevent you from doing what you seek. But why not redesign it yourself to fit your needs and keep yourself well clear of any dispute?

Sounds like an interesting idea.
Remember that slide Crocodile Mile by Marshall?

If there are indeed trademarks or copyrights that would prevent you from using a plastic hose water slide maybe you could use different materials or add to it?
Making a water slide doesn't sound too difficult to do.

Do a little research and you should soon be able to find distributors for materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back