Child services home inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric377

I was wondering if there's anywhere on the internet I can go to get a free copy of a checklist to prepare my home for an inspection by Child Services/Social Services....whatever they call themselves here in Florida. My wife has yet to sick them on me, but I wouldn't put it past her. She's proving to be vindictive. She called Animal Control on me to start an investigation for having too many animals and animal neglect....despite the fact that all the animals except for 2 were animals she wanted. Luckily I wasn't home when they came by, and they left a notice, so I was able to find new homes for all the animals, except for 1 cat (which chooses to live outside) and one small dog. The animals we HAD all together were 6 cats, 6 dogs, 3 snakes, 1 iguana and 1 ferret. She took 2 dogs when she left, so I got rid of 3 dogs, 3 snakes the iguana and the ferret. So I'm ready for when Animal Control comes back for their investigation. Now I need to get the house ready for when/if Child Services comes. Any help would be appreciated.

I wont call it a check list but here are things they "will" look for

. Food in fridge
. Clean home
. Beds for children
. Running water and working electric
. Signs of abuse
. diapers for those children that require them
. Clean diaper on any child needing diapers
. How many children per room/bed

Most things are common sense. Make sure home is safe no hazards. If you have pets make sure any feces or urnineis cleaned up

Home Inspector inspect for common home defects and not so common
ones. They will inspect the
structure,
exterior,
bathroom,
drainage,
grounds,
roof,
plumbing,
electric,
heating,
thermostats,
ac,
interior and
fireplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the house is clean, no safety hazards, food in the fridge, you should be ok. You had alot of animals before it appears you got rid of most of them. Too many animals makes it very hard to keep a clean house and for it to not smell. Have you and your wife filed for divorce yet? Sounds like you need an attorney. Hopefully both of you canbe mature and try to work something out.

Home inspection is very necessary before purchasing a new home as the home inspector tells the current condition of the home and i just got a inspection of my new home.

You can google the standards for foster care homes in your county/state. They are stricter than those required by regular homes but you may feel better knowing you can pass the tougher inspection.

Smoke and CO detectors should be installed on each floor and kept in working order. If you have young children, check that all cribs and other baby furniture and toys have not been recalled.

Our inspectors are highly trained and very thorough in every property. We believe that top notch quality should still be affordable to everyone buying a home. We stay up to date with new industry information and are proud members of the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back