Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication My Boyfriend got picked up on a probation Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmller27

My boyfriend got picked up on a probation violation this morning at work. To make a long story short he has been on probation for several years over a drug charge. Everything has been going great. He's working two jobs, gone back to school and completed a DWP training course. On Wednesday a probation officer came to his home a conducted a random search of his room and belonging. During this search the officer found a BB gun, and camping knife, and some unsmokeable weed. He goes to court on this Wednesday. What might the judge do to him? Is there anything I can do to help him? He has really turned his life around and become a productive person. Help!!!! I'm in love with this man. We want to get married, buy a house and have a family. Is there any hope of this happening.

Thank you

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think we should hire a attorney? He was just going to use the public defender. His court date is tomorrow. Would hiring an attorney push back his court date leaving him in jail longer?

Thank you for your response. Do you think we should hire an attorney? He was going to use the public defender. would hiring an attorney push back his court date and leave him in jail longer?

If he hires an Attorney he case will most certainly be pushed back. However that doe snot mean he will remain in jail. Its "possible" he could get OR until next court date.

As you can see I'm new at this. Is there any other advise you can give me in regards to a probation violation. I was surprised to find out that having a BB gun and a camping knife was against the terms of his probation. Is wasn't like he had them on his person. They were in his room and hadn't been used in years.

These are questions for his Attorney or maybe his probation Officer. I suspect if he got any suspended jail time he might have to serve it.However he should get time served for time he is in jail now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back