Administrative support questions!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesimpsongirl1

I live in Panama City Florida and I was made to file for child support or I would lose my medical insurance.I filed in Sept. Of 2006.A week ago I got a letter from DOR(Dept. Of Revenue) saying that instead of a normal court hearing there was instead going to be an Aministrative Support Proceeding to determine ammount of current child support and back child support my sons bio-father will have to pay.Here is the thing I told DORover the last almost 2 years that I wanted more than the usual 2 years back support that DOR can only push and/or force him to pay.And was told by many DOR reps that I would have to petition the court for an additional 3 years of child support I think he should be liable to pay since my son is 7 years old going on 8 years old now.
But now I am left confused and do not know how I can or if I can hold him reasonable for more than 2 years back child support.Since I know there will not be a judge or hearing office present nor will I or my sons bio-father be present at the time of this Administrative proceedings I do not know how to proceed on getting those additional 3 years in back support.Furthermore to make things even more frustating and confusing I ask DOR if it was only my sons bio-father whom could ask for a court hearing in writing or could I also reguest a court hearing .I was flat out told ''No'' Twice.DOR says that as it stated in their Administrative Support Proceedings Paperwork that only the father of the child may ask for a court hearing.Is this true or is there a loop hole I haven't yet found?
Also if I do have to go through with this whole Administrative Support Hearing stuff how can I hold my sons bio-father reasonsible for the addtional 3 years in support?

What is an Administrative Support Hearing?

Now there is one more tiny issue that goes along with all of the above my husband of 5 years really wants to Adopt my son (my son only knows my husband as Daddy ) If and when all this child support is settled and if my sons bio-father agrees can my husband adopt my son?

Sorry I do have one more Question ....What is Deviations?
The paperwork DOR sent me really does not explain it very well.
Thanks so much.
P.s I think the service on this website and all of the legal advice has been a great help to me and those I know.
Note:My sons bio-father and I were never married.

Please help I must return these Administrative Support Papers to DOR(Dept. Of Revenue)
By no later than Tuesday.Thank you all for your time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back