Want to quit job after wkr's comp injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

busybee129

I recently sustained a shoulder injury while lifting freight down from the top of a palot to be stocked on shelves. A case, about 45-50 lbs, of product in glass jars was sliding off the stack. I reached out instinctively and caught it. At the time I was about 10 foot up on a ladder. It would have been a disaster to have the glass break and fly everywhere. Since the accident, I've seen the Worker's Comp's Doctor and my own. The comp doc said it was just a sprain and not to worry. My doc sent me for an MRI because he predicts a tear and as of yet I don't have the results. This position was intended only to help bring income in for the family while I looked for a permanent position. Now I've got an injury AND I want to resign because I have received an offer for a permanent career position. My question is, will the workman's comp insurance still have to pay for the medical costs to repair the injury I have if I quit this short term position?
:(

They are still responsible for medical bills. If you quit the job, your entitlement to replacement wages is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back