I Can't Access my Bank Funds! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamanna

I helped a so called "friend" to loan money to another party who defaulted. He wouldn't go to the bank and asked me to pick it up at his house. It was 40K in cash. It made me uncomfortable to transport his money without giving him something . I wanted to make sure it was safe all the way to the Bank. I gave him a note binding my corporation good only till the Money was transferred to the borrowing party and I placed a Lien on the borrowers property. My so called friend never moved to protected his money with his attorney so i did for him The Borrowers defaulted and went into Foreclosure. His lien was a second and now he's suing me for his loss. My attorney, after they met in court the first time, didn't have my signed statement with him so the judge allowed a judgment based on the note I gave him while transporting cash to the borrower. BUT the Judge said He would allowed us to reopen the case and suspended the judgment until a new hearing when we get the signed statement in correctly; Which we did and he put a hold on everything. Well even though it was suspended, the other attorney still enforced a judgment which froze my personal account and caused me severe hardship. We are able to get it released by the judge's order in three days. Do I have any recourse against this attorney for placing this lien, hurting me financially, accessing my credit without right full cause before the proper timeframe? Please offer if i have any recourse here.

Update! . My attorney went to court while I was away and he was suppose to have with him my signed response to the matter, but he took the unsigned one with him. The Judge having only the note I temporarily gave my so called "friend" (because he gave me 40K cash and wouldn't meet me at bank) honored them to proceed with a judgment but left the window open for us to reopen the matter once the paperwork was signed and submitted. This we did, and the Judge ordered a stay on everything until final determination is made at the end of July where we can present our cases. So six days ago the other Attorney enforced the Judgment on only one targeted personal account where my money for bills and food was. My attorney called the banks attorney and faxed the order that showed they were not allow to enforce that yet.(6 days ago.) They said it would take 3 days to release but would be quicker if the attorney who placed it called it in. My attorney called the other attorney and notified them what was going on. The next day 5 days ago they doubled the lien. My attorney called them and said they are violating the judges order and the attorney told my attorney he didn't care he wasn't going to release the lien. (This all came a week after my so called friend started Harassing me with phone calls to myself, my church, my friends, and business associates about getting his money. I also caught him walking past my home with someone and he saw me I was driving and he tried to get me to stop.) I'm of course upset I don't understand how they can deliberately violate a judges order. How did they find my exact account and my other accounts are not touched? I am running my credit to see if they illegally ran my credit. Don't I have any basic human rights that are being violated? Isn't this against the patriot act if they did pull my credit? I'm a Business man that has conducted honorable business for over 5 years in my community and It seems like the only time I get in trouble is when I try to help someone. I may be naive to the law somewhat but have quickly learned no one cares about the truth! Its only what you can prove and its always how can we fix this situation. Never what's the right thing to do. I guess I am learning a valuable ; Lesson about who to trust! I don't know what to do any suggestions? I'm going to try an meet another attorney in the city the Judge is. Someone said its a tight knit community and I need someone in that area that knows the Judge. I think if this is true its so wrong. I'm finding myself having to consider violating some personal standards I have and now consider bankruptcy which I have always frowned on. This may be the first month I miss payment on all my Bills (because they froze 5K). The worst part is even if the judgment is somehow ridiculously validated, The note says it cant come to me personally but only can go against my corporation. They have deliberately froze my personal accounts. I feel like this is an act of vengeance. I'm not a criminal but this is what I get for doing my best to do things the right way with Integrity. I appreciate your time in reading this. Thanks

Seems like there is a lot of cash moving around. It's difficult for anyone to say how they can help you without seeing details. Your attorney is in the best position to discuss it with you and I wish you best of luck.

If the attorney has deliberately ignored an order of the court he can be cited for contempt. You will probably have to insist in a letter than your attorney ask for sanctions since most attorneys will not go against another attorney.

If the attorney has deliberately ignored an order of the court he can be cited for contempt. You will probably have to insist in a letter than your attorney ask for sanctions since most attorneys will not go against another attorney.
Thanks
I know we are a little tight knitt community and these attorneys want to stick together on everything. It looks like i will just file Bankruptcy and include this in it. It seems like the easiest way. its been frozen for over three weeks now and my attorney wants me to wait another two weeks for a hearing. He said he has not seen the Judge since they used to take off July and Agugust so hes been quite absent. Im debating on whether to just let it go or send the letter for sanctions. The bankruptcy should solve my freeze of funds problem and the other though its not right by that attorney deosnt fit in my moral compass well. It seems like it would be more revenge for me to do it than anything else. I dont think it will change that attorney at all anyway. I appreciate the input wish i had it three weeks ago. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back