Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant State Id Question And Warrant Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmjandanr

I was pulled over for speeding in a new car that I had bought about a week earlier. I was issued a ticket for no insurance and speeding. The ticket required me to show up to a court date. I forgot and then just kept putting it off. I think now that my liscense is suspended and I think I also have a warrant out for not showing up. I wanted to know what is the best way to take care of this.

Also I am going on a cruise in Sept 2004. My DL that I have now that I would use for a ID will expire on Sept 11 and I am leaving on Sept 12 and I need a valid ID. I was told that I should get a state id. But I also had questions about that. My main question is when I go to request one what will happen...could I get arrested if I have a warrant when I go to the DMV? Also will they issue one to me even though the suspend is not taken care of and without any trouble?

I have never been in trouble before and am pretty scared. Please any advise will greatly help me. I am lost.

If you have a warrant out then you'd better take care of it asap and honestly, take this entire process more seriously. Stop thinking about how you will get onto the cruise and think about how you should be paying for this ticket and dealing with blowing off a very serious matter.

I don't know if the DMV will have the latest information about your warrant on file but something tells me that they do and, even more probably, they have your driver's license tagged or suspended. In some counties hiring an attorney is extremely helpful when dealing with the prosecutor for a variety of reasons. You may wish to do so in this instance.

Originally posted by kmjandanr
I was pulled over for speeding in a new car that I had bought about a week earlier. I was issued a ticket for no insurance and speeding. The ticket required me to show up to a court date. I forgot and then just kept putting it off. I think now that my liscense is suspended and I think I also have a warrant out for not showing up. I wanted to know what is the best way to take care of this.

Also I am going on a cruise in Sept 2004. My DL that I have now that I would use for a ID will expire on Sept 11 and I am leaving on Sept 12 and I need a valid ID. I was told that I should get a state id. But I also had questions about that. My main question is when I go to request one what will happen...could I get arrested if I have a warrant when I go to the DMV? Also will they issue one to me even though the suspend is not taken care of and without any trouble?

I have never been in trouble before and am pretty scared. Please any advise will greatly help me. I am lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back