Bank Account Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deej

Hello,

I had an online ACH transaction for $1000 with an Internet company. The rules for this company was that if I didn't have enough money in my bank account to cover this transaction, this transaction would be null and void.

I originally had enough money to cover this transaction, but then I did some more research about this company and found out it was basically a scam. I then brought my bank account balance down below $1000, so this company would not get my money and they would void the transaction.

There shouldn't have been much of a problem, but my bank(Citizens Bank), sent this company $1000 from one of their other customer's accounts, since they entered the wrong account number. Now they are after me for the $1000 because of their mistake. They have taken the money I had left out of my account and looking for the rest of the $1000.

If they did not take the money out of the wrong account and pay this fraudulent company, there never would have been a problem. The only problem may have been this fraudulent company "chasing" me for the money, which they could do all they want.

Basically my bank completely messed up this transaction, now they are looking for me to pay for their mistake.

I had it all covered. I did what I needed to do, so this company would not get paid, but my bank paid them through someone else's account, which I am thankful they reimbursed that person.

This doesn't seem right what my bank has done. What can I do?

Thank You!

P.S. I did enter my correct account number. The bank admitted to me that they entered another one of their customers account numbers by mistake, which made this transaction go through.

Sounds like the bank screwed up.

Ask them to tell you in writing why they think you are responsible for their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back