SECOND Motion for Summary Judgment appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckn80s

Plaintiff filed a Motion for Summary Judgment, and the motion was denied in favor of Defendant (me, pro se). The judge ordered mediation within 30 days and final hearing to be set for 30 days after that. Mediation was held, unresolved. Plaintiff filed a Second Motion for Summary Judgment shortly thereafter - and finally scheduled the hearing for the Second Motion almost a year later. Plaintiff's Second Motion was also denied. And now Plaintiff has filed a Motion for Rehearing. Plaintiff has flagrantly ignored the court's order. Is Plaintiff in contempt of court, or is this standard operating procedure? I know they can file as many SJ motions as they want -- but after being ordered to move the case forward?:confused:

Q: Is Plaintiff in contempt of court, or is this standard operating procedure?

A: SOP.

Q: Is Plaintiff in contempt of court, or is this standard operating procedure?

A: SOP.

Thanks for your reply. Are you suggesting that being in contempt IS the standard operating procedure for Attys, but IS contempt of court none-the-less...and rarely is anything done about it? :dgrin

CAN I file a Motion of (Indirect) Civil Contempt/Contempt Notice IF I CHOOSE to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back