Dying shrubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbaker1969

What is the name of your state? NJ
My next door neighbor accused me of spraying his shrubs which seperate our properties, with weed killer. Of course I did not and never would do such a thing on purpose, What I later realized I did (and have done every year beforehand) was use the Scotts four step program which includes weed killer. I realized and admitted it could be possible some of the granules could come in contact with his shrubs since I used a rotary spreader. He went crazy and got physical (chest to chest nose to nose and threating to "kick" my "a$$" with me (yes he is a nut) until I was able to get him to calm down. He told me he is going to sue me, and I left it at - lets just wait a season to see if they (the shrubs) return to health.

He later got rude with my wife who told him where he could go and that he'd better not ever speak to either of us again.

We low and behold three days later ALL of my flowers ($100's worth) on my property are now dying.

I have two issues, regardless of whether the Scotts program killed his shrubs - I never stepped on his property and had his shrubs not been extending onto my lawn it never would have happened - so am I liable.

Secondly, the crazy SOB Must Have walked onto my property to kill my flowers...unfortunatelyt I cant prove it but wish I could get him for tresspassing.

Over the years this man has been nothing but a huge pain in the rear so please dont even think of a reconciliation or mediation.

THANKS for any advice you may afford me.

Wish I could afford to move....

Write everything down as it happened. Dates, times, what was said. Find your receipts for your plants. What you did was an accident. He overstepped the line if he killed your plants. You can either replace the shrubs(think he'll feel remorse?) or go to small claims court. Judge will surely note that what a coincidence that all your plants died after the shrubs did. Follow the law and good things will come to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back