Question regarding Federal Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscotty2003

friend of mine sent me $10,000 cash, wrapped up, boxed, and sent via fedex

he tracked package, when it didn't get here, he called fedex customer service-- they asked him sir, what was in the package -- nervous, he said documents -- they said sir there were not documents in that pakage, and they went on to say he must call their security dept. at a different # on monday.

question -- what is he looking at here ?? can he just say he was buying an engagement ring, and was sending cash (obviously they know it's cash)??

is it illegal to send cash like this via fedex ??

can they legally NOT return the package to him ??

do i have anything to worry about as the recipient ?

this was state to state, not international -- online the package history shows it was scanned in at the origin, but shows pending so it never got to the destination fedex office

friend of mine sent me $10,000 cash, wrapped up, boxed, and sent via fedex

he tracked package, when it didn't get here, he called fedex customer service-- they asked him sir, what was in the package -- nervous, he said documents -- they said sir there were not documents in that pakage, and they went on to say he must call their security dept. at a different # on monday.

question -- what is he looking at here ?? can he just say he was buying an engagement ring, and was sending cash (obviously they know it's cash)?? that what was sent in the box was not illegal or against company policy
is it illegal to send cash like this via fedex ?? NO
can they legally NOT return the package to him ?? Yes
do i have anything to worry about as the recipient ? Yes, if there is no reasonable implication and an investigation reveals the real origin of the money and final purpose for it, you can be subpoenaed.
this was state to state, not international -- online the package history shows it was scanned in at the origin, but shows pending so it never got to the destination fedex office
Fedex security will probably be in touch with your friend and by default, you.

I'd also expect inquiry from the feds, too ... shipping that much money - cash - is going to send a lot of red flags up all over the place!

What was he buying, drugs?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back