Corporate Law Uncooperative Business Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lca1508

My husband and a former friend started a home renovations business in Louisiana about 2 years ago. As of 10/07, my husband has not been active in the business. There are no assets that my husband wishes to collect and no liabilites lingering. He simply wants to remove his name so that he no longer has any legal connection to the company (or the former friend). He has attempted to contact his partner on numerous occassions (as advised by the LA Secretary of State Office), with the hope of having him sign an agreement to terminate the partnership. Nonetheless, these attempts have been unsucessful. Now, we just want to get out of the mess and move forward with our lives. Will my husband be able to dissolve the partnership without having the signature of the other party (since there are only two people listed on the partnership documentation)? Is there anything he can file to list he wishes to be released of any liability? The partner is aware that this is the reason for the constant phone calls and messages, but continues to be nonresponsive. What can we do to get the business dissolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back