Ebay Abuse of Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can be done?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCED1127

I appologize for this long thread. I am very frustrated and dont really know what to do here. I earn my living by selling 100% Authentic, 100% Original luxury designer fashion on Ebay an Internet auction site. I am a Silver Power Seller with 99% positive feedback and I feel that Ebay discriminates, stereo type, infringe and abuse their power.
I have recently inquired some Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Christion Dior women silk scarves and men's ties everything is 100% Authentic and 100% Original and brand new. Before I was able to list any Louis Vuitton I had discovered that there is a block from listing it. I had to contact someone at EBay Trust & Safety and ask them to remove the block. The block was removed and I was able to successfully list Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Christian Dior and other brands.
on 5/18 2008 7 of my items were removed and I received a notice from EBay Trust & Safety "The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy."
However they do not indicate what policy have I violated. After writting requests to Ebay for some explanation I received a respond ""Your listings were removed because they contained indicators that are
commonly associated with fraudulent listings." Once again noone is telling me any explanations. Louis Vuitton is not part of Vero (Vertified Rights Owner) and they are not the one who is reporting anything. Ebay refusing to advise me who is removing my auctions but it seems like Ebay themselves doing that.
So if VERO (Vertified Rights Owner) did not file the complain, how can Ebay limit 100% Authenic designer items simply because there are unhappy shoppers. What concerns me is does it take the complaint of one person to suspend the account of another person? That would then imply that if another seller does not like the fact that you might be selling the same item as they are, but at a lower price, they have the power to suspend the competion simply by complaining.

I am looking for some help on how to resolve this issue and if Ebay is really aloud to abuse their powers and basically do what they want to do and noone can do anything about it.

When you signed up to be a seller with Ebay, you entered into a contract and you promised to abide by their rules. It is up to you now to decide if you want to continue doing that. finally, you can always chose to sell your merchandise at a different website. Good Luck!

I don't know enough about the above to comment. If you're getting no response, you may want to send a strongly worded letter, overnight mail, to ebay headquarters. http://pages.ebay.com/aboutebay/contact.html

Doing so may get you the answers you seek - or an apology and/or some type of additional assistance if you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back