Help with Child custody - my wife intentionally keeping daughter from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

finallyfree08

Wife is active duty soldier, who reenlisted for (6) years without telling me.
In Nov she reenlisted and just told me in May because "she didnt want to" until she needed a favor
Which was to agree to a quickie 30 day finalized divorce.

For 17months I cared soley for child while she was deployed.
When she returned,judge granted her an oral order for custody.
She denied me visitation for the first week.

She is caught on her voice message she left me saying "she will get full custody and I wont see my child again" because I refused to jump when she said she needed a favor after denying me visitation of my daughter for an entire week.

After 3 weeks, she realized being active military and trying to care for a child was too much for her to handle - yet she will only give me custody if I agree to a quickie 30 day divorce.
Weve had (2) temporary hearings scheduled that were continued,and have a special session scheduled for late this month.

Our daughter has been taken out of state to live with her grandparent who mind oyu, never took an interest in our daughter.

I have a job, can pay all bills, with spouses child support would have daughter in daycare.
But shes out of state currently because mother cant take care of her right now, and refuses to give me custody.

Anyone know exactly what I can do about this, as I cant afford an attorney and will represent myself.
I dont want to wait until later this month to see my daughter, I deserve her now if mother cant take care of her dont I?

Im trying to file Change of custody, revokation of parental rights.
Dont know which will grant me custody and be something Judge can sign without hearing.

I have capturedall communication on tape, where she (1) confesses she is unable to provide for child, (2) I would be more stable parent (3) her attorney says she cant give up custody or she will never get custody of child again (4) wife demanding an immediate final divorce and she will grant me full physical custody, (5) 2 tapes showing wife lied about telling me she was going to take out daughter to granparents (6) tape mother telling me she was taking daughter for (2) weeks, (7) tape showing she told father our daughter was to be taken (4) weeks.

We are in Georgia, and I need help filing and even creating paperwork.
Can someone help

You really need a lawyer, especially since your wife has one and you have no familiarity with any of the paperwork involved. If you don't follow proper procedure in court, you may not even be allowed to present your case. Bite the bullet, and get a lawyer. It will be worth it in the end.

ps-Don't even consider trying to have your wife's parental rights terminated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back