please help is my employer wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngriff86

I have been working for my employer for eight months. I have always been a great employee with many customer appreciation letters and I was never late and always worked my scheduled shift.

My son goes to his fathers every weekend. Well one sunday when he retured he informed me that he was getting sexurally abused while on visits. I rused him to the nearest hospital. The next monday I called my supervisor and briefly described to her the situation and asked he was there anyway possible I could be scheduled off the following thursady because I had to be in court. She told me she had to speak with HR.

She called back and said it could not be approved because I had no time and the reason I was going to court was similar to a divorce and its considered personal.

I returned to work on Wednesday and My supervisor told me that if i take off on thursday it would result in a verbal warning which i did not want because i was trying to be promoted. We have an open door policy so i went over her to the HR manager. She also told me i could not be off. I then asked her could i take a leave of absence. She said no because the only 2 that were available where short term disability and fmla and i did not qualify for either.

After i left her office i went to the handbook and found a personal leave of absence, and so i returned to her office and showed her. She then replied you are not going to get approved for it. I asked he why and she said she has only approved to and they were very sick. I then asked her how do i apply.

Shortly after I applied she wrote me an email saying she needed supporting documentation before she could move any further in the process. I called DHS who was working with me on my case and they tried everything to get her information but she kept saying she did not recieve it.

Finally at 4 i emailed her and asked had she recieved the information she needed and she said no and if i did not come to work on thursday it would result in a verbal warning because she was in a meeting and could not wait any longer.

Thursday after i Left court i recieve a call from my mother who also works for the company whom i tell none of my business to because we never got along.
She says that a lady from HR tapped her on her shoulder asking was she my mom and told her to tell mr to go to the Director of HR with my situation and she did not hear that from her.( is that and invasion of my privacy.)

Well I called the director and my leave was approved but when i returned it was all hell. The situation with my son was all over the call center. When i spoke with the director he siad it was becasue the walls are thin. My supervisor skipped putting me on a verbal and straight to a written warning because The HR manager told her she better do it when i came back.

I have been in and out the doctor now diagnosed with severe stress and depression on many medications all because this job. This is not half of what they have done and are doing now. Is what they did to me legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back