counterfeit cashier check by issueing bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmosly

A financial institution double paid my buisiness with two cashiers checks. (The financial institution is also the bank), we are a car lot we were double paid on a car loan we send all our books to an accounting firm and we did not catch the mistake.Checks issued march 2007. On 6/11/07 they called us to let us know what accured that we may have bee double pd.I asked them to forward me the copies of check. On 6/29/07 recieved letter with copies and 5 day demand notice. At the same time the issueing bank stamped one of the two cashiers checks suspected counterfiet and sent it to my bank,my bank inturn closed my account for fraud seized my company assets.Which pretty much put us out of business.WE SOLD ALL OUR COMPANY ASSETS my partner used his mortgage monies to help cover everthing he ended up with an anxiety attack 3 days later in the hospital. so we ropped peter to pay paul.10/02/07 our bank reversed the funds, it was to late we killed our business. The financial instituition sued us the business and personel. we answered on our own judge thruout our answer issued summary judgement in favor of plaintiff based on material evidence that were not true and correct copies would not allow us to rebutt(help any ideas) my partner is facing personel bankrupsy and is losing his company, and i lost my investment and have know way of recovering. Know we have to go to court individually since he did the summary judgement for the corperation today only. and when we told him about the counterfit check charges and what his client did to us and showed him the checks after court to get us to settle personally, he blew it off as the bank he represented never did that to us.

What is your legal question for us?

would it even be worth the effort to pursue the bank for there fraud, or just walk away since anyway we loose everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back