Disbarred attorney acting pro se

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewelz

My exhusband is disbarred in the state of Missouri. We had a pretrial hearing this morning however the exhusband was not able to participate since he is a party to the trial and he doesn't have an attorney.

My ex is now asking to set up depositions for our visitation modification. can my ex, acting pro se and as a disbarred attorney, actually depose me?

ExHusband pro se in visitation modification

I posted this already on the ethics board but it looks like this board sees a bit more action than the ethics board...

My exhusband is disbarred in the state of Missouri. We had a pretrial hearing this morning however the exhusband was not able to participate since he is a party to the case and he doesn't have an attorney.

My ex is now asking my attorney to set up depositions for our visitation modification. Can my ex, acting pro se and as a disbarred attorney, actually depose me?

When your husband got disbarred, that meant he could not represent others.

He can still represent himself.

Why couldn't he take part in the pretrial. I'm just a little confused by the situation....sorry.

I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Who said he could not take part in the pre-trial?

My attorney told me after the pretrial that the judge would not meet with my ex, just my attorney because he said my ex is party to the issue.

The attorney might be a little perturbed at my ex and that might be part of the problem, as well. The judge felt our issues were able to be mediated rather than having to go through a trial. My ex, however, has been rather uncooperative & mediation failed. Maybe the judge is annoyed, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back