F Visa Starting a business??

Status
Not open for further replies.

murattimucin

Hi, I am foreign student studying in NY. I want to purchase an apartment complex with a store on the first floor. I am planning to open a restaurant in the store on the first floor, and rent the apartments to students.

Right now, I am on an F1 visa. I have the amount I plan to invest in cash.

Can I start a business in the US under these circumstances? (My visa and etc.) Are there any specific measures defining the business I can start here? Like the amount of people I have to employ or the number of apartments I should purchase and rent to others?

Would I have the right to reside in the United States of America when I start this business? Again, are there any specific measures defining the business I must start in order to become a resident in the United States of America?

I am not really sure if this is where I must post this question, I am kind of in between the subjects "immigration" and "business". Sorry if this post is irrelevant with the topic.

Thanks to all that might have an opinion to share!

You should check on the www.INS.gov website what your visa allows you to do while here in the U.S. Good Luck!

You should consult your immigration lawyer. You could qualify for a change of type of visas if you intend to create a business or invest a good chunk of money here............There are residency possibilities for foreign investors. Only a business/immigration lawyer can advice you on how to proceed. Depending on what you are trying to achieve, it is still possible to be on F-1 and own property under certain conditions which would not violate your status.

Hi, I am foreign student studying in NY. I want to purchase an apartment complex with a store on the first floor. I am planning to open a restaurant in the store on the first floor, and rent the apartments to students.

Right now, I am on an F1 visa. I have the amount I plan to invest in cash.

Can I start a business in the US under these circumstances? (My visa and etc.) Are there any specific measures defining the business I can start here? Like the amount of people I have to employ or the number of apartments I should purchase and rent to others?

Would I have the right to reside in the United States of America when I start this business? Again, are there any specific measures defining the business I must start in order to become a resident in the United States of America?

I am not really sure if this is where I must post this question, I am kind of in between the subjects "immigration" and "business". Sorry if this post is irrelevant with the topic.

Thanks to all that might have an opinion to share!
You can apply for a special Green Card, but it has some strict requirements.

- Atleast $1,000,000 in investment or $500,000 in a special qualified regional centre;

- Must create atleast 10 direct or indirect jobs;

- A role in management of the company for yourself.

If you have a $1,000,000 dollars OR you are buying a property in a low income neighbourhood and have $500,000 dollars AND can show that running the property requires atleast 10 indirect or direct jobs (Janitor, Management, etc.) AND that you are a manager, then YES, you can get a US Green Card which entitles you citizenship after 5 years.

Check with US Immigration for more info on the Green Card.

That is true.....They increased the amount which use to be about 300000 dollars in the past.........

This is least but not even last your immigration lawyer will help more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back